RPAS: Real Time Operations Center
- 12 July 2018
- Category: Government, News
The European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA) has been developing RPAS services to support authorities involved in Coast Guard functions:
- Marine pollution monitoring
- Anti-smuggling operations
- Search & Rescue operations
- IUU operations
CLS’ RPAS DC was designed to meet stringent EMSA requirements: it is the unique place where all data missions will be stored, processed and made accessible to EMSA end-users.
In that respect, the capability (in terms of data processing performance, fusion, enhancement and scalability) and reliability (security, storage, 24/7 availability and helpdesk) of this Data Center are essential to ensure successful missions.
- Improve RPAS video and image rendering through image processing modules: stabilization, improved resolution and contrast, stitching and mosaicking.
- Make available to various users the observations through a user-friendly, highly responsive web portal, designed for fixed or nomad use. All images and sensor feeds are available in realtime and can be replayed offline for further analysis.
- Ensure the fusion of the RPAS image feed into a marine chart context. External contextual information can also be integrated, such as AIS tracks.
- Support a chat between your team and RPAS operators during flight operations.
- Receive and archive all reports issued from the RPAS operations performed by third parties.