CLS participates to the Marine Environment Protection Commitee (MEPC) in London
- 11 April 2018
- Posted by: Nicolas Cremasco
- Category: Events
From 9 to 13 April, the 72nd session of the Marine Environment Protection Commitee (MEPC) take place at the IMO Headquarters in London.
The five main topics of this meeting are:
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from ships
- Implementation of sulphur 2020 limit
- Ballast water management treaty implementation
- Measures to reduce risks of use and carriage of heavy fuel oil as fuel by ships in Arctic
- Marine litter
CLS is attending MEPC in order to promote space-based monitoring and analytics solutions to efficiently support enforcement of these regulations. Most of existing CLS Flag States and shipping industry customers already intend to rely on CLS to assist them to meet these upcoming new requirements.